Hello -- I'm about 7 years post kidney transplant, and while my numbers are steady, over the last couple of years I've developed significant swelling (pitting edema), and I was wondering if anyone has a similar problem or knows of a way to address it.  I haven't changed any medications, but I do take Amlodipine Besylate (10mg daily) to control my blood pressure, which I recognize can contribute to fluid retention (I also take 0.1mg of Clonidine 2x/day for bp).  Are there thoughts on taking a diuretic, and if so, a Loop or Thiazide diuretic?   Any information would be helpful for my next discussion with my nephrologist.    Many thanks. 

You need to be a member of TransplantFriends.com to add comments!

Join TransplantFriends.com

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I take a LASIK for my swelling but also take potassium to ensure proper levels

• Hi Brent,

Discuss these issues with your Tx team first to determine if medications are appropriate. There are some simple steps you can try that do not rely on drugs. I placed a link below to give you some ideas. Good Luck!

Home Remedies

Swollen Feet and Ankles: Treatments to Try
    Home remedies to reduce pain and water retention
    • Glad to see you point yo home remedies. Most worth trying and I have seen four or five capsules of organic parsley bring down swelling in a couple of days. Consider all benign remedies. None of us want more drugs if possible.

This reply was deleted.

Facebook & instagram

TransplantBuddies & Friends Facebook Group

TransplantBuddies & Friends

Transplant Stories

Members Stories

Twitter

COTA

Lung Transplant Foundation

Cystic Fibrosis.com

Organ Donation Surprising Facts

Latest Activity

Ayush Pinakin Shah and Mohamed Sadiq.. are now friends
2 hours ago
Ayush Pinakin Shah and Mohamed Sadiq.. are now friends via Latest Activity on TransplantFriends.com
2 hours ago
Michael Bischoff replied to Michael Bischoff's discussion Apologies to transplant community
16 hours ago
Michael Bischoff replied to Michael Bischoff's discussion Apologies to transplant community via Latest Activity on TransplantFriends.com
16 hours ago
More…

Planetary Biosciences for Cystic Fibrosis

Please Donate for CF Patients