Apologies to transplant community

I have to apologize to the community.  My wife was an organ donor, but I failed to have it done.  I was married to my wife for 40+ years and she was fighting for her life for the last two from mesastic Anal cancer.   They tried everything but nothing stopped it.  She went into hospice care and died in my arms 11 days later.  My grief overwhelmed me and did not think about anything else.  So I apologize, many other people go through this grief and let it happen, the reason I'm here is because of the generosity of a grieving family.

forgive me 

Mike 

You need to be a member of TransplantFriends.com to add comments!

Join TransplantFriends.com

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Dear Mr. Bischoff,

My name is Mrs. Brenda  A. McFarlane. First of all, I would like to give my condolences for your loss. Your wife was an amazing woman, to have been an organ donor.  You are also an incredible man to have stood by her all those years. I just joined this community July 30, 2022. I would not be here if there were not people like your wife. I to have been married to my wonderful husband for 34 years. My parents were married 49 years. Mike it is nice to know long time marriages still exist, for better, for worse till eternity.

I will keep both of you in my prayers.

Brenda

• Thank you Brenda for your kind words 

Mikr

• My deepest sympathies to you on your loss, Micheal. Please do not feel you must apologize, your posts and information have helped countless others, and I value your opinion.

• Please stop beating up on yourself.  If she had been a healthy candidate for organ donation, someone would have come to you to ask.  Being that her cancer had spread (and she was likely past the age of 60), her organs were not suitable for donation.

This reply was deleted.

Facebook & instagram

TransplantBuddies & Friends Facebook Group

TransplantBuddies & Friends

Transplant Stories

Members Stories

Twitter

COTA

Lung Transplant Foundation

Cystic Fibrosis.com

Organ Donation Surprising Facts

Latest Activity