Chronic rejection and change in meds

So a lot has happened to me last week.
3 years 7 months after my transplant with baseline creatinine at 1.9. My figures rose to 2.9 , drs admitted me did a biopsy and started the corticosteroid treatments. Creatinine kept creeping up to 4.1 and the biopsy showed a chronic active antibody mediated rejection. They started me on immunoglobulins and retuximab and said still have hope to salvage and even reverse the process as 50% of my kidney is still intact. 
creatinine dropped to 3.49 today which is good. 
Can I hope for 2-3 years on this kidney stilll??

anybody faced this ?? 

now for the meds I'm usually on 3mg tacro and 4.5 mg everolimus / certican. Had some issues with the tacro being high that's why they switched me. 
And 5mg prednisone. ( now 80mg for the rejection ) 

dr wants to add some myfortic .... is that fine with everolimus ???

You need to be a member of TransplantFriends.com to add comments!

Join TransplantFriends.com

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I'm sorry to hear your problems.  some hospitals repeat immunoglobulins injections after 2-3 months.  4-6 sessions of Plamapheresis (similar to dialysis) are good to remove the harmful antibodies.  high dose prednisone may be avoided, bec it can cause new bone loss, cataract, infections, etc your doctor may do DSA test

• So sorry to hear that. This must be scary for you. I imagine, you will be on prednisone awhile as coming off of 80mg will take some time. I take tac and Myfortic and they are not my kidneys friend. I stay concerned about my creative too.

This reply was deleted.

Facebook & instagram

TransplantBuddies & Friends Facebook Group

TransplantBuddies & Friends

Transplant Stories

Members Stories

Twitter

COTA

Lung Transplant Foundation

Cystic Fibrosis.com

Organ Donation Surprising Facts

Latest Activity