Forum Style

depression?

Hi friends, I've been feeling sad and down for the last two weeks... I've been anxious and worried. I think I am depressed but I never used to feel this way before.

could it be some medications? What can I do to feel better?

I am on

prograf 10 mg

cellcept 500 mg

prednisone 5 mg

You need to be a member of TransplantFriends.com to add comments!

Join TransplantFriends.com

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Prednisone causes so many changes. Anger, overreaction and nervousness is typical. If you are not going to be on it long, maybe you can ride it out. If you are, you may need something to help you feel balanced. But know this, this is very very typical.

• You recently had a transplant and are are more meds now since its so new but once they wean them down some you will prob feel better, in my case after I finally got off prednisone 2 years after tx i started to feel better, but as life goes on i feel that way now and then and just take it easy on myself,

Going out in nature for a walk and to think things through and watching a good show or reading a good book has helped me.

• You think it's the prednisone? I am behaving so bad at home... and I have never acted this way. It's more than depression it's like anger and anxiety all together... thank you so much for your advice I will follow through and also talk to my doctor.

• Have you spoken to your social worker or docs about it?

Whether the meds, or recovery or just flat out feeling down always good to reach out.  Our body chemistry may change a bit which could include brain chemistry.  

Try and stay positive.  Gratitude is a powerfult emotion to help during the tough times..

Good luck.

• No, I haven't. I have had depression several times but it usually goes away and never causes anger or anxiety. I've been a positive person all my life. I'm a happy person alone but for the last two weeks or so I've felt so down and I get all these bad thoughts etc... I don't know what it is but I will call my doctor to let her know. Thank you so much :)

This reply was deleted.

Facebook & instagram

TransplantBuddies & Friends Facebook Group

TransplantBuddies & Friends

Transplant Stories

Members Stories

Twitter

COTA

Lung Transplant Foundation

Cystic Fibrosis.com

Organ Donation Surprising Facts

Latest Activity