Liver Transplant Anniversary, 21 years

I forgot to post my 21st anniversary of my liver transplant on the 22nd. I am doing ok, especially at 74y/o.
The virus has been very difficult for me to get out and do what I have done for all these years. But we are all in the same boat on that. I do still exercise 3-4 times per week. I was transplanted at the LDS Hospital in Salt Lake City but now live in Arizona where transplant centers are very poor. I get by and cannot complain.                  My story is somewhere on the site. I spent 5 months in the hospital and my heart stopped once. 
With the holidays coming up I wish you all a wonderful Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year. Never give up :-)

maverick

You need to be a member of TransplantFriends.com to add comments!

Join TransplantFriends.com

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Great to hear - Congrats.

Just hit 5 years a week ago.  Too bad about AZ as I may relocate there in the next 5 years.  But I have not been terribly impressed with my team in Seattle.  I was also on a Heart Tx list but got off of that working with UW.  Swedish gave me too much Myfortic early on and blew out my CNS so left with chronic pain.  But alive so I too cannot complain.

Congrats and I certainly hope to reach your milestone.  Had my TX @ 45.

• Happy Anniversary and many more.

• Very heartening to hear from those who have made it for so long! I am little over a month away from my 2nd anniversary. From my own experience life certainly does seem different now - more like a miracle with every new day a blessing.

• Congratulations on making it so far! I hope you were able to do something special to celebrate. I celebrated my 15th transplant anniversary much earlier this month, and I am so glad we have this to be happy about especially as we both had a long difficult stay in the hospital right after the transplant surgery. The time gained since then has made all the struggle at that time very much worth it all. May you also have a very merry and blessed Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year! 

Warm regards,

Bobbiejo

This reply was deleted.

Facebook & instagram

TransplantBuddies & Friends Facebook Group

TransplantBuddies & Friends

Transplant Stories

Members Stories

Twitter

COTA

Lung Transplant Foundation

Cystic Fibrosis.com

Organ Donation Surprising Facts

Latest Activity

Mushfequr posted a discussion
8 hours ago
Mushfequr posted a discussion via Latest Activity on TransplantFriends.com
8 hours ago
Kidneyboy replied to Anna Smith's discussion Appetite suppressant?
Sunday
Kidneyboy replied to Anna Smith's discussion Appetite suppressant? via Latest Activity on TransplantFriends.com
Sunday
More…

Planetary Biosciences for Cystic Fibrosis

Please Donate for CF Patients