Forum Style

Replies

• Also be careful when carrying things that may pinch or stick you. These are words from experience.
  • Hi Sophie,

I had my liver transplant just over a year ago. I also have some numbness in the same area. This was explained to me by my transplant team as a natural occurrence. The surgeon has to sever some nerves to get to the area they need to work on. These nerves are permanently damaged and it was brought up to me as a precautionary reason. The doctor told me be careful when leaning over anything as you may not feel any damage that could be occurring. This goes for bending over to lift but more importantly around the stove or grill. To be honest I really do not notice. Keep asking your good questions as in this and other posts. Things will get better and you are an inspiration to everyone.

Good Luck

Tom

• Thank you Tom, I will try to be careful and I am already starting to get used to it. I hope all is well with you.
This reply was deleted.

Facebook & instagram

TransplantBuddies & Friends Facebook Group

TransplantBuddies & Friends

Transplant Stories

Members Stories

Twitter

COTA

Lung Transplant Foundation

Cystic Fibrosis.com

Organ Donation Surprising Facts

Latest Activity

Chris Jones updated their profile photo
1 hour ago
Chris Jones updated their profile photo via Latest Activity on TransplantFriends.com
1 hour ago
Mark w left a comment on Kidney Transplants
1 hour ago
Mark w left a comment on Kidney Transplants via Latest Activity on TransplantFriends.com
1 hour ago
More…

Planetary Biosciences for Cystic Fibrosis

Please Donate for CF Patients