Sweating

Hi all i I hope everyone is enjoying the summer.  I have been increasing my running at almost 2 years post kidney transplant. It's also hot as hell here. I've been doing some research but I'm also looking for some real world advice on increasing water intake. My creatinine has been stable but inched up this month.

You need to be a member of TransplantFriends.com to add comments!

Join TransplantFriends.com

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I'm still in what  I call "the measuring phase". I'm trying to break free lol. Thanks for the great advice. 

• Completely understandable. It has been 14 years for me so got used to it at this point. I use my urine appearance (color) to determine my hydration. If it is light to almost tranparent I am good, the darker it gets the more water I need. 

• Hello Paul,

I just drink water all day long, wherever I am you will see a bottle of water next to me, and I drink a lot. I don't count, measure or anything of that sort because I got use to drinking lots of it. I drink a glass of juice with my breakfast in the morning but water with all other meals and after working out. I am in Florida, so it is hot most of the time. 

•  Here is a recent article from Good housekeeping about daily intake of fluid and it cites a formula from the Mayo Clinic some of us use

GH.com

I would suggest using the formula by weighing yourself (pre-run and after,) to determine how much water weight you have lost that needs to be replaced. Those of us, who have experienced Hemodialysis, are all too familiar with "the weigh-in. It is a very accurate way to find out and could become a part of your routine.

How Much Water Should You Drink Every Day, According to Experts
    There's a quick formula to calculate exactly how much you need.
This reply was deleted.

Facebook & instagram

TransplantBuddies & Friends Facebook Group

TransplantBuddies & Friends

Transplant Stories

Members Stories

Twitter

COTA

Lung Transplant Foundation

Cystic Fibrosis.com

Organ Donation Surprising Facts

Latest Activity

Ayush Pinakin Shah and Mohamed Sadiq.. are now friends
4 hours ago
Ayush Pinakin Shah and Mohamed Sadiq.. are now friends via Latest Activity on TransplantFriends.com
4 hours ago
Michael Bischoff replied to Michael Bischoff's discussion Apologies to transplant community
17 hours ago
Michael Bischoff replied to Michael Bischoff's discussion Apologies to transplant community via Latest Activity on TransplantFriends.com
17 hours ago
More…

Planetary Biosciences for Cystic Fibrosis

Please Donate for CF Patients