Hi... I'm 8months post transplant I've gained weight drastically especially on abdomen what exercises are effective for losing the flab that doesn't harm my operated side. Sometimes i feel pain after workout then i stop for few days fearing i may sabotage my graft . Please any suggestions.

You need to be a member of TransplantFriends.com to add comments!

Join TransplantFriends.com

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Prednisone is culprit No. 1. Things will improve when you are put on maintenance dose. A combination of walk and diet control helped me.

• Tacrolimus tablet, Mmf or Myfortic and prednisone are these all three immunosuppressant drugs? If yes , why we need to take all three of them? Any idea

• Each work differently and are designed for their own effect. There IS an overlap, like wearing a belt with suspenders.

NKF - Immunnosuppression A to Z

Immunnosuppression

MMF

Immunosuppressants
        What are immunosuppressants? Immunosuppressants are drugs or medicines that lower the body's ability to reject a transplanted organ. Another term for…
        • Thanks and that was an amazing example you gave...

• Some of that flab will go away when dose titrated.

But some walking for sure.  Obviously a diet based on what is best for your Tx and super clean.  Sugar is really great but not that great.  I did a lot of weights (Liver Tx) just light weight high rep which is really how you will burn.  Cardio is great for you but a little weight training mixed in will benefit for sure.

I found a trainer I trusted explained my situation and worked with him once in a while for form and safety.  I was also on a Heart Tx list at the time which I was taken off after a year of exercise/diet.  

• Thanks for the advice i hope i too find a suitable trainer and nutritionist.

• lt sounds simple, but WALK. It is the least impactful and most beneficial form of exercise you can do. Good luck!

• Thank you for  the advice. 

This reply was deleted.

Facebook & instagram

TransplantBuddies & Friends Facebook Group

TransplantBuddies & Friends

Transplant Stories

Members Stories

Twitter

COTA

Lung Transplant Foundation

Cystic Fibrosis.com

Organ Donation Surprising Facts

Latest Activity

DAP1122 (Don) posted a blog post
7 hours ago
DAP1122 (Don) posted a blog post via Latest Activity on TransplantFriends.com
7 hours ago
Kidneyboy replied to Tina Waggoner's discussion Cardiac Ablation
yesterday
Kidneyboy replied to Tina Waggoner's discussion Cardiac Ablation via Latest Activity on TransplantFriends.com
yesterday
More…

Planetary Biosciences for Cystic Fibrosis

Please Donate for CF Patients