worried

Hi people, so I finished the plasmapheresis like four weeks ago. Right after I finished the last plasma I noticed I was not urinating well at home. My ankles, and knees swelled up. I went to ER and I received sodium bicarb. Doctors treated me with 3 days of 500 mg of solumedrol plus 60 mg of prednisone. I also received IVIG treatment for 3 days with solumedrol and prednisone. Creatinine is better now and I am urinating on my own. I'm worried though because my abdomen has been really bloated and huge for the last few days, it is awfully distended. I have not stooled in 5 days am very constipated, my doctors keep giving me medicine but none work. I started receiving iron IV because my wbc rbc and platelets are very low. I am wondering if this can be cushing syndrome from all the pred and solumedrol I been receiving. I am on 20 mg of prednisone today have not received solumedrol over a week, but my face is still very puffy and my abdomen is too bloated. Im wondering if it these bad side effects will go away soon???

You need to be a member of TransplantFriends.com to add comments!

Join TransplantFriends.com

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• What is your Creatinine now? How high was it?

• I would assume so as Prednisone can be rough - if they will be titrating you down.

• I am on 20 mg of pred now but still abdomen very bloated and puffy face :( 

This reply was deleted.

Facebook & instagram

TransplantBuddies & Friends Facebook Group

TransplantBuddies & Friends

Transplant Stories

Members Stories

Twitter

COTA

Lung Transplant Foundation

Cystic Fibrosis.com

Organ Donation Surprising Facts

Latest Activity

DAP1122 (Don) posted a blog post
7 hours ago
DAP1122 (Don) posted a blog post via Latest Activity on TransplantFriends.com
7 hours ago
Kidneyboy replied to Tina Waggoner's discussion Cardiac Ablation
yesterday
Kidneyboy replied to Tina Waggoner's discussion Cardiac Ablation via Latest Activity on TransplantFriends.com
yesterday
More…

Planetary Biosciences for Cystic Fibrosis

Please Donate for CF Patients